Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy Weekend - Part 3 - Happy 50th Grandma and Grandpa!!

Happy 50th Grandma and Grandpa Thompson!

All of the cousins!

All the aunts and uncles with Grandpa and Grandma

My family - hubby Josh, brother Brandon, Mom and Step-dad
...oh and Baby Carter too!


Part 3 of our busy weekend, started early Sunday morning at church :)  My extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, Grandma) play the bells for our church.  It has been a long time tradition and it is always fun to get together to play such pretty music on a beautiful Sunday morning.  The younger cousins played the prelude music and the older cousins/aunts and uncles played during the service, while my Grandma Thompson directed. 
We then got into party planner mode, and began preparations for the party in the afternoon.  My Grandma and Grandpa Thompson celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on June 20th, so we had an open house for them at our church on Sunday afternoon.  We were able to get some great pictures of the entire fam.  My grandparents live on a farm in Lakeville, and most of us grew up within a mile of everyone.  I am extremely close to my extended family and love them so much!  I am actually the oldest grandchild of all 20!  (we won't say what my little cousin Jenny has to say about being the oldest grandchild:)  It was a great day to celebrate such a wonderful marriage.  All I know...is I would love to be like my Grandma and Grandpa in 50 years...loving life, family and each other. 
 
Me with Kayli (youngest grandchild) and Ben my Godson

All the girl cousins!  (well technically Baby Carter too...but we will let it slide this time :)

Loooooove my Grandpa!!


1 comments:

Carissa said...

Lots of very nice pics with your family!