Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby Shower!









                 


I had my baby shower this past Sunday with all of my girlfriends.  It was a beautiful day and most everyone was able to make it!  My best friend Molly planned everything, and it was so much fun!  Everyone was so generous, we got a ton of things for baby!  We had the shower at my house, since a lot of my friends hadn't seen it yet.  It was also a very good excuse to clean, clean and clean some more.  I have been getting these crazy bursts of energy to deep clean everything.  I spent all night Friday steam cleaning our carpets.  On Saturday I could barely move....haha....oops.  No preterm labor...so in my mind...mission accomplished.  Josh spent 6 hours changing all of the hardware on our doors.  It was a ton of work (well for Josh), but it makes it look so nice!  No more shiny gold door handles.  Both of us have been doing a lot of things around the house to get ready for baby.  Our basement is done, other than a couple finishing touches (tv, bathroom vanity, toilet).  It will be very nice to have a nice clean, finished house by the time baby comes.
                                                  
I am officially 34 weeks...I can't even believe it.  I feel really good.  I went to my appointment Wednesday and asked her if I am supposed to feel this comfortable.  She told me its my 'positive attitude and personality' that helps....haha....well we can only hope my 'positive attitude' gets me to 40 or 41 weeks. haha.  I also think this fabulous summer of ours has helped (not too hot).  I didn't think I had grown much but I am measuring at 35 cm, my bump grew 3 cm since my 32 week checkup.  Baby boy Remme is the size of a cantaloupe, around 4.75 lbs and almost 18 inches.  At my apt she thought he was head down, but we will make sure of this at 36 weeks.  

Well we have a jam packed weekend, with a trip to Faribault to hang out with Jackie and Dean tonight, Josh is in a golf tourney Saturday morning, my aunt and uncle are having everyone over for a pool party Saturday afternoon, wedding on Saturday night, playing bells at church Sunday morning and then my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party Sunday afternoon.  I work last night, but I have a long stretch off (8 days) now, which will be nice, especially after such a busy weekend.  Expect lots of pics from the weekend to come!     

0 comments: