Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our first month with Reese

Reese's first month home.....


Carter has been one great big brother!
Here I snapped a pic of him reading to his new baby sister.
He comes into my room every morning and asks if he can hold her.
What a great way to start the day....cuddling with his lil sis.

Lily has learned that the 'safe ground' is where the baby is. She tends to be sitting right next to whoever is holding Reese. (Smart girl) A certain two year old tends to give Lily a run for her money some days.

My two littles cuddling and watching a movie together.
(And yes this was Carter's idea :)

Bath time!
She doesn't seem to mind it too much.
I let her lay there in her diaper sometimes and she loves it!


This month has been AMAZING for weather.
We have spent a ton of time outside enjoying it.
Carter got this bike last Christmas and tried it out a couple weeks ago.
Who would have known how fast he was going to catch on.
Josh was unloading the groceries the other day and Carter had raced into the garage and climbed on the bike and took off down the driveway.
It's quite a workout chasing after him down the sidewalks now.
What a big boy!!

Many evenings we take a family walk and of course end up making a pit stop at the park.


This past month has been so fun....because of all of our visitors!
Here Carter is with the Holman Twins and Lil Reese

My aunt Nancy

Cousin Teagan

Grandma and Grandpa Remme came up for a long weekend after she was born.
So nice to get settled with some extra hands around to help.

The Westermann girls came over to meet Reese...
This is Jillian (AKA my future daughter in law)
We weren't able to convince Kinsley to get in the picture :)

Paigey (my cousin) and Morgan came for a visit and of course the girls had to hit up the outlet mall!

My Uncle Bruce and Aunt Debbie

Nana has been a huge help as well!
Giving Carter lots and lots of attention....and helping finish the nursery!
Here she is with the babies...

My cousins Kayli, Jenny and Allison

Grandma and Grandpa Thompson
Grandma Thompson just finished a BEAUTIFUL quilt for Reese
(I will be posting pics....but it deserves its own blog post)

This month has been somewhat busy with adjusting to having two littles around the house
(Which really I didn't think was too bad.) Maybe it's because she is a great sleeper so I feel energized to take care of both a two year old and new babe. The only true difference is, Josh or I used to get a little break when we only had one. Either Josh would be helping with Carter, and I would have some time or vice verse. Now it is man to man defense. We each have a little one to care for. These little ones have an amazing daddy who is very willing to take over and help. Got to love him :)

We have made a couple trips to the farm, faribault, nana's house etc.
And when mommy gets a little stir crazy, we hit up the outlet mall or head to Maple Grove for some shopping :) (I don't think I understand the concept that I am on maternity leave and probably shouldn't be shopping every day....oops) We even stopped by the hospital to visit all of my coworkers one day.

She is such a good babe (which is why our transition has been quite easy)
We love our little Reesey and have enjoyed every moment of this first month with her.
Josh and I are so proud of Carter....what a good boy he has been.
I have really enjoyed my little man while at home, I brought him to daycare this past week and I missed my entertainment for the day. I didn't realize how much his little phrases and his voice make me smile each and every day.

Here's where I get sappy....I can't believe my baby girl is a month already....seriously time flies

1 comments:

Marco Family said...

Enjoy every second, I can't believe my newborn baby girl....is going to be six months next week! The second, it goes by even faster!!!