Thursday, August 13, 2009

A weekend of Baby Showers!








Like I said in the previous post, we had a shower this past Saturday...and on Sunday we had another one!  Jackie's side of the family came up to Albertville on Sunday for yet another baby shower for our little guy.  (Let me just tell you we are soooo grateful for all of our friends and family....our little Carter is quite spoiled...and he hasn't even arrived yet!)  They all took me out to eat and then we came back to our house to open presents and eat some yummy cake!  

Carissa surprised me with a FABULOUS banner and door sign made by one of her friends.  I always visit her website and just oooo and aaaaah over how creative she is...and now our little one has one of her creative masterpieces for himself!  It looks soo incredibly cute in the nursery.  (She has a blog called Polka dots and pirates if you are interested)
  
My mom also brought over 2...yes 2... cub food boxes full of little boy clothes from a coworker of hers that just had a baby.  She didn't want anything for it and just said to pick what I wanted and then do whatever with what was left.  Let me tell you....these clothes were super cute!  I could not believe how many of the outfits were barely worn.  So this week I spent a while organizing this little one's closet to accommodate alllll of his clothes!  

These are the clothes JUST from this weekend!  Are you kidding me??!!  Piles and piles!

Lily loved all of the clothes too! (she's such a little princess)

After the baby shower our neighbor asked us what we still needed for big items.  They already gave us their barely used bassinet to use...and then proceeded to tell us they have 2 excersaucers, a pack and play and a walker that we can use.  (are  you kidding me??!!)  I just cannot believe how incredibly generous everyone has been.  First off we are so excited to have this little boy...and then to have absolutely everything for when he arrives...given to us by friends and family....thats just unbelievable!  Josh and I were talking, and we are just so incredibly grateful for everything.      

0 comments: