Friday, January 2, 2009

Mom knows :)

December 31st - I told my mom last night!  I couldn't wait.  I was down in Edina having dinner with Amanda, Jill and Claire (which it was very difficult keeping it from them), so I stopped by my mom's house afterwards.  I knew she wanted to see my new camera and christmas pictures.  She was scanning through them and there were two at the end with me holding the positive pregnancy test, she was like "what's this?"  I said keep going, the next one was of my "pregnant tummy."  I said, "meet your new grand-baby!!"  She said, "WHAT?!"  I said, "We're pregnant!!"  That's when the waterworks started flowing :)  She was so excited and so cute!  That was the reason why I didn't tell her we were trying, so it would be a complete surprise.  I can't wait to tell others, its going to be very difficult keeping this secret for a while :)


Oh and also, Josh is super excited about this whole thing.  He was very sweet yesterday when I talked to him on the phone at work.  He said he read parts of the "what to expect when you are expecting" book.  He thought I purposely put the book on his side of the bed.  He is a little naive with this whole pregnancy stuff, but very excited.  Can't wait to experience this whole journey with him.

As a side note, last night I told my mom our baby was the size of a poppy see, she sent me a text this AM that said, "how is the poppy seed today?"  haha love her, well I will continue to write more posts, can't wait :)

-erin-

(mommy to be)

0 comments: