Tuesday, January 29, 2013

For Sale

This month has sure been a CRAZY one.

Jan. 1st (New Years Day)  I was at work chatting with one of the OB/GYNs and she said she knew someone who builds in this area and would know of any lots available.  She gave him my email...and wham bam....3 1/2 weeks later our house is on the MLS, we have walked through a model home, made a purchase agreement....yada yada yada.

Holy Crap.

I know....I feel like our life has been a little NON stop for 3 weeks.
We rented a storage unit, brought all of our "stuff" there (and keep in mind this was during the week of our lovely zero degree weather).  Cleaned, organized, de-cluttered, painted....to make this place pretty pretty pretty.  

The best was when I quickly brought the kids down to my mom's place.  We had about 10 minutes to load the car up with 'stuff.'  (Candles, pillows, pictures, lamps etc. to help stage the house).  Carter just stood there and watched me run around like a crazy woman and said, "How come we are stealing all of Nana's things?"  

I know, I know....why would you move??  You worked so hard at making your current home all pretty. Especially our gorg kitchen re-do.  Well....we found a (lot) in our neighborhood that is great.  It is very close to our current spot/neighbors and we thought that if we are going to do this, we might as well go for it :)  We found a beautiful layout that Josh and I both LOVE.  And with interest rates....it wasn't really a question.

I get tears in my eyes when I think about REALLY leaving this place.  I just try to think of what is to come!  And who knows....if it's not meant to be.....well then it wasn't meant to be.  We LOVE our neighbors/neighborhood and LOVE our house.  So if it doesn't sell....we aren't out ANYTHING.  But hey...it's worth a shot?  Well wish us luck on this crazy journey.  I know there are a lot of people out there dealing with a lot more stressful things, so I definitely am not complaining about this opportunity....but just wish us luck on keeping a house "immaculate" for showings with a 3 year old and 11 month old who tend to make a tad bit of a mess :)

ta ta for now.
I probably won't have very much time in the next hmmm I don't know month...to blog.
Labor and Delivery training, planning a first birthday party and selling a house...ooofda 
(What was I thinking :)
  
Here is the listing: 

0 comments: