Saturday, April 18, 2009

Let the decorating begin!




Well, I don't think it is much of a surprise that my mom and I have already started decorating the baby's room :)  As soon as we found out we are having a little boy...I ordered the quilt that I wanted from Pottery Barn and soon after ordered a comfy comfy rocker chair.  We special ordered it, so I got to pick the fabric so it matches perfectly!  Its a super comfy chair that rocks and reclines.  We picked out paint colors, and my mom is on top of scouting out fabric for a bed skirt and curtains.  I picked out a bright white crib that I love...it will look perfect with the sailboat theme!  And of course my mind is churning with other creative ideas, and details.  I love having a mom that gets just as excited as me about this stuff...well maybe she gets even more excited :)  Josh just shakes his head when I spout off ideas to him...good thing I have such an understanding hubby.  

Speaking of understanding hubby, he has been pretty great for the past couple months.  Finally, around 15 weeks I started to feel better.  This second trimester is a gift from God :)  No more all day sickness, I finally have a bump and I have way more energy than I did earlier on.  Josh was pretty much doing everything around the house, so now that I feel better, I think he is happy to have a little break from cleaning up after me :)  Now we just both clean up after Lily...grrrr I don't think she will ever be potty trained.  She is a very smart dog and even rings a bell to go outside...but continues to have accidents on the carpet...the weird thing is its always when our attention is not completely on her...I am very interested to see what happens when the baby comes.  Good thing we are having a boy...because her title as princess of the house will probably continue :)  
Oh yes...I wanted to write a little something about the new floor I am working on.  4 weeks ago I started on the mother/baby (OB) floor.  I absolutely love it!  My stress levels have been seriously cut in half at work, I get to hold adorable little newborns all night and the new mommies and daddies are so much fun to work with.  Such a happy place in the hospital.  I also take in every little tip from experienced moms and coworkers, what a great place to work before having a newborn of my own!!  I can't believe I am 20 weeks....Half way there!      

1 comments:

Carissa said...

Can't wait to see the new baby room!