Friday, October 20, 2017

Ummm...I'm due for an update

Sorry friends....It looks like life got a little hectic these past couple months. 

I pulled my blog up and my last post was in May...oops.

A lot has happened these past few months, it almost seems a little blurry.  My surgery was in May and we finally moved into our Brand Spankin New house in July.



Oh we just love love love our house.  It was a lot of work to once again move, but we are so excited to be back in the neighborhood we adore.  The house is more amazing than we ever could have imagined, and it is so fun to see our vision come together!  We ended up only putting 3 bedrooms upstairs this time....and we are so glad we did as no one sleeps in their own rooms anyways!  It's like musical beds every night at the Remme House.  I guess we just have kids that like to cuddle :)  I will have to do a whole separate post with some fun pics from the house!  I even ship-lapped a bathroom!  All by myself...with power tools even!

I took a leave of absence from the hospital in May for my surgery.  As my leave went on, my pain in my bones (mostly right hip and mid back) got significantly worse and my tumor markers kept on climbing.  Tumor markers aren't always indicative of progression, but with the increased pain we were concerned.  I had a PET/CT Scan in September that showed hyper-metabolic spots in some of my previous bone mets.  Nothing too significant, and I wouldn't even say progression, just enough to have my oncologist change up my meds, to prevent any type of progression throughout the bones or progression to another organ. 

I started my new meds 16 days ago.  Yes I know the exact number, as these 16 days haven't been my favorite.  It started with significant nausea and extreme fatigue.  It seems to be getting a little more tolerable as the days pass, but still an adjustment.  A cycle consists of 3 weeks on of this new med (Ribociclib/Kisquali) and 1 week off.  I have been getting weekly labs drawn, and todays labs weren't great.  My immune system is crap......the new meds have knocked down my blood counts, so we need to take a week break from them and hope that my body responds.  They just do not want me to get sick.  So I will continue to take my letrozole (aromatase inhibitor/lowers estrogen production) daily and we will see what next week brings.  I am not going to lie, I am a little pumped to have a bit of a break from the new med.  The kiddos still don't know about all of the things going on with me, but I truly like it this way (for the time being)  I love that they don't worry, and I love just being a Mom to them. 

I officially resigned from Maple Grove Hospital a couple weeks ago.  It was with a very heavy heart that I said good-bye.  My priorities have shifted, and my babies need their Momma at home.  Mr. Harrison and I are continuing to figure out our groove while Big Bro and Big Sis are at school, but we are enjoying the extra time to cuddle and play.  (He is becoming quite the Momma's boy, which I am ok with :) 

Carter is loving 2nd grade.  He has no complaints and loves school, learning, recess and friends.  He is a pretty smart cookie and I am always so impressed with his math skills! Hockey started back up a couple weeks ago and he is doing great!  3rd year mite already....time flies.  Carter turned 8 in September and is wearing a size 4 shoe....Where or where did my baby go?? 


Reese started Kindergarten this fall and is absolutely loving it.  She pops up every morning, ready to go.  She has the same teacher Carter had for Kindergarten and we couldn't be happier.  Such a blessing to have a teacher that has such a passion for your kiddos!  Reese continues to excel at gymnastics (she was just asked to move up to intermediates) and she is trying out competition dance this year too!  She made the Baby Company Team at Millenium Dance Company here in Albertville.  Reese is also in hockey!  (And absolutely loving it)  She is taking after her big brother!



And little Mr Harrison turned 2 in August!  He is talking more and more each day.  He definitely gets away with a lot more than the older two kiddos ever did.  But we all agree those blue eyes and dimples are just too adorable to be too mad at for too long.  He sure has a big heart though.  I am enjoying our 1 on 1 time together and it has been a lot of fun getting to know Harrison without any distractions :)



Josh and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in August.  We have been together for over 15 years but married for 10!  Holy cow, I can still remember when he asked me out in High School.  It truly seems like yesterday.  We celebrated with an amazing trip to San Diego over labor day.  It was a jam packed weekend of exploring the city!  We hadn't even left and we couldn't stop talking about going back! 



Well....there is our Remme Family Update.  Nothing toooo crazy, but we are always shaking things up a bit.  The cold weather is coming, but we are excited for the Holidays and some fun Winter Vacations that we have planned! 



Hope everyone has a fantastic Fall Weekend, enjoying the sun and the beautiful leaves.  Lots of love!!

xoxoxo

Erin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your updates! Your house is gorgeous, your children are so beautiful, and I love seeing your smile! What an incredible family you and Josh have created. I think about you guys everyday, we miss seeing you at the Grove but I'm so happy your home with your babies! 😘

Anonymous said...

We are blessed having the Remme’s here on Laketowne Drive!