Monday, September 21, 2009

Carter TImothy has arrived!!

So I am finally getting to updating our blog....but I would say we have a pretty good excuse :)

Last bump picture....42 weeks...morning of my induction

Last Monday (Sept 14th) I arrived at the hospital around 8 AM for my induction.  We started Pitocin and then waited for baby to get the hint that it is time to come out!  Most of the morning was spent walking the halls and visiting with coworkers (since I work on the floor I delivered).  Around 3 in the afternoon I started having strong contractions but was only at a 4.5.  For about 45 minutes I was having contractions with only a 20 second rest in between each one.  My mom who has worked as an L&D nurse said I should be having at least 1 min to 1.5 min in between each one.  Then Mr. Carter told us that he was a little stressed with the strong contractions.  His heart rate dropped into the 90's, and therefore they turned the Pitocin off.  Mybody had kicked in on its own and I started having contractions without the pitocin, and let me tell you....I liked those contractions waaaay better than the pitocin ones :)  Later in the afternoon they did have to turn the pit back on, but at a much lower level.  I got an epidural at 6pm....and oh man....FABULOUS is all I have to say :)  I was just watching the contractions on the monitor and didn't feel a thing!  Around 1:30 AM I started getting uncomfortable and was having a ton of pressure.  The nurse checked me and I was at 7.5.  30 minutes later I was dilated to 10 and was ready to push!  I pushed for about an hour.  My mom and Josh were so amazing, I couldn't have done it without them!  I had a fabulous nurse and the midwives were amazing!  They were there the entire day and were constantly checking in.  


Baby boy Carter Timothy arrived at 3:03 AM, weighing 9 lbs 3 oz and was 22 in long!  The week before everyone guessed I was having a 6 or 7 lb baby, even the midwives.....well we proved them wrong!  It was such an amazing experience and what a wonderful feeling when they put him on my chest right afterwards!  For being two weeks overdue Carter was just fine.  His skin wasn't dry at all and there wasn't any meconium in the amniotic fluid.  Josh instantly fell in love.  He was so amazed with what just happened, it was pretty neat to see how excited he was.  My mom fell in love at first sight as well....She even posted a picture with him and called him her 'favorite person in the world.'  What are we chop liver??!!  haha only kidding.

Our big boy
YAY! He has arrived!
So in love

Carter with Daddy

Nana Lynn

After his first bath

It was a great experience and we are so thankful to have such a healthy boy.  We are soooo in love with the little guy!

Sleepy time with my baby boy



1 comments:

Marco Family said...

Congrats Remme's! I hope you are all adjusting well to the life with a baby! Remember this time goes so fast, so even in times when you feel overwhelmed, it to will pass!What an adorable little boy!