Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas Love

This diagnosis sure has sent me on a roller-coaster of a ride.  I have gotten really good at shutting off the "scary" thoughts.  Like when I was wrapping presents, or when the kiddos were opening gifts Christmas morning....Those scary thoughts creeeeeep in without warning, but thankfully I can kick them out as soon as they came in.  I refuse to live my life thinking "Is this my last"
I WILL GO INSANE.
And once again, everyone could say that.  No one is promised tomorrow.

We had an amazing last couple weeks.
My self-employed rock star of a husband was able to take a 4 day weekend over Christmas.  Whoop!  (Hardly ever happens)
Carter had school on Friday so Josh was able to do the whole drop off and pick-up which was a fun treat for everyone involved!

We picked Carter up from school at 2 and then headed to Carissa and Eric's house to celebrate with Josh's family.  What a fun, relaxing night.  The kids played, played and played some more!  We are so lucky the 4 of them get along so well.  The night was full of yummy food, good company and lots of amazing gifts!  


Cousin Love

Making our Ginger Bread Village!

We headed back home on Christmas Eve and hosted my family.  My Mom, Erin and Brandon came over to celebrate, along with Erin's parents Chuck and Patti!  The kids had a blast out on our rink ....Harrison even joined in on the fun.
We enjoyed my Mom's yummy lasagna...played some games and opened up even MORE gifts!

Harrison and Uncle Bran

My sweet babe

Daddy and Harrison

Reesey with Auntie Erin

A Christmas Tradition!  Baking sugar cookies with Nana!

Carter got his Lamborghini!


A pinata full of suckers!!!  This boy was in HEAVEN!

We snuggled up in bed, and waited for the magic of Santa.
The kids were in bed late and up oh so early (the life with little ones on Christmas)

FINALLY asleep

ALL smiles for this girly!

LOVING his new mower

Our sweet babes

Christmas Day was spent at my Aunt and Uncle's in Lakeville.  A fun day always.  Santa and Mrs. Clause even made an appearance.  If laughter is the best medicine, then day was full of it! (Especially during the Telestrations (adult version) game!







We are blessed
We are thankful
and we had a blast celebrating Baby Jesus

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well.
It truly is a magical time of the year :)

0 comments: